Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Stroll Down Memory Lane

I completely forgot about this blog! And I probably will again sometime soon. But until then, here's today's shuffle.

  1. We Belong - Pat Benetar. Not one of my favorites but it always makes me feel good when I hear her voice. And really sad at the same time since she once was the Queen of Rock and now plays county fairs.
  2. They're Red Hot - Red Hot Chili Peppers. Super short and I have no idea what the hell the lyrics are and have no desire to find out.
  3. Miracle Man - Elvis Costello. Any song from this album (My Aim is True) remind of of some of the good times from knowing my father when I was growing up. This is a definite "Feel Good" album. This one and Bat Out Of Hell by Meatloaf for the same reason.
  4. You're Always Pulling Me Down - UB40. This song - the whole album, really - makes me think of all of the great road trips TJ and I have had. We drove, just about every year for ten years, round trip from Boise to Milwaukee and this CD was present for each and every trip. Road trips have always been great for us with lots of great conversation, bonding, and music.
  5. Fighter Girl - Mason Jennings. Thanks to Erin, I've been exposed to a whole new world of music and artists. Micah and I have had lots of fun singing along to this song on the ride home from school.

1 comment:

  1. 1- Jazzy Belle (Outkast, ATLiens)

    2- Sierre Maestra (Immortal Technique, Revolutionary Vol.2)
    LIttle instrumental track from a good album

    3- Close Edge (Mos Def, The New Danger)
    Super classic hip hop track!

    4- We Will Survive (Nas, I Am...)
    Not my favorite Nas track, but not bad.

    5- Hey Nas (Nas, God's Son)
    See #4

    ReplyDelete