Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Cheri - No Two Alike

First off, I'm happy to see folks posting! I look forward to finding some great new music this way. And away we go...

  1. The Nearness of You - Norah Jones - Come Away With Me. I love this album. I really do. I'm a sucker for a velvet voice and smooth piano. I have to close my eyes now and enjoy for a few minutes...
  2. Mais Cu'Est-Ce? - Zap Mama - Sabsylma. I know some people who just don't enjoy Zap Mama. I'm not one of them. This song in particular really showcases what they can do with simple items and their voices. I saw a concert of theirs on PBS several years ago and I was shocked to see that they used no musical instruments. Their newer stuff doesn't seem to follow the same tradition. And I like it less.
  3. Have You Ever - Brandi Carlile - The Story. I do like some of her stuff a lot. This one, not as much. It's a bit too country for me. She's got a bit too much twang going for my tastes. But she is a lesbo so she gets extra points.
  4. Top of the World - God-dess & She - Stand Up. Two Madison chicks rapping. One, God-dess, is really a rapper and the other, She, is more of a regular R&B singer. They do sound good together and I like the title cut. This song is pretty unremarkable, except for mentioning Madison, Milwaukee, and Laverne & Shirley.
  5. Bad, Bad Leroy Brown - Jim Croce - Greatest Hits. I keep meaning to delete this song from my iPod. I like it fine but not enough to listen to it more than once a year or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment