Thursday, May 21, 2009

Shufflicious

1. If You Want Me to Stay - Sly and the Family Stone. What can I say? Ridiculously awesome song.

2. Ice Cream - Sarah McLachlan. This never pops up on my iPod, though I hear it all the time because it's on the lullaby cd I made for the kids to go to sleep. Though, when I hear it, I almost always think of Cheri and TJ dancing at their wedding reception.

3. Born for a Reason - The Figureheads. I have so much kid music on my iPod that I'm just happy I didn't get Elmo and the Counting Crows singing "Hold My Hand (When You Cross the Street)" or something. The Figureheads are awesome, some of my favorite music that my kids love, its appropriate, positive, and once during a concert my kids sang along into the mic on this and they were unreasonably tickled to be part of the show.

4. Vacation - The Go Gos. Wouldn't it be nice to be on vacation right now? It's all I ever wanted. How can I get away? More like STAYcation this year, GoGos.

5. Black Republican - Nas f/ Jay-Z. This song has so many naughty words I associate it with the mad run to forward it before the kids hear the M-F word for the fourth time (if you don't catch it before :15, it's completely possible). As this is a song I haven't listened to much, I am not even entirely sure what it is about. Though you have to like a song that has the phrase "whirlwind of beef..."

1 comment:

  1. I don't mean to be picky but I believe it's Hootie and the Blowfish along with Elmo on the Hold My Hand track...

    And I'm also uncomfortable with the whole "whirlwind of beef" thing.

    ReplyDelete