Monday, May 18, 2009

Kate's Shuffle:

"Eleanor Rigby" by The Beatles, 1
"Epistle to Dippy" by Donovan, Donovan's Greatest Hits
"I Am Your Doctor" by Wyclef Jean, The Preacher's Son
"32 Flavors"
by Ani DiFranco, Not A Pretty Girl
"Put Your Hand Inside The Puppet Head" by They Might Be Giants, Dial-A-Song

I swear that I listen to music made after the turn of the century, though it is not readily apparent herein. But I do listen to "Epistle to Dippy" more often than a sane person would. In my head it's a song about childhood video games. You know, "through all levels you've been changing/ getting a little bit better no doubt/" I even have this whole elaborate thing worked out where the doctor in the song is Dr. Mario and the crystal spectacles are actually giant crystals from Echo.

Yeah, that doesn't actually make having Donovan on my iPod defensible, does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment